Want to keep your teeth bright? There are certain foods and drinks you might want to avoid! In addition to maintaining great brushing and flossing habits and visiting our office for bi-annual cleanings and exams, you can keep your teeth white by avoiding these tooth staining foods and beverages.
Tooth Staining Foods and Drinks:
- Wine – Red and white wine are both very acidic beverages. They are notorious for staining teeth.
- Tea – Black tea is high in tannins that stain teeth. Tea can even be worse at staining teeth than coffee, which is chromogen-rich, but low in tannins. Herbal, green, and white teas are a better choice when looking to avoid tooth stains.
- Soda – Acidic and chromogen-rich, cola can cause significant staining. Even light-colored soft drinks are acidic enough to promote tooth staining.
- Sweets – Hard candies, chewing gum, and other sweets often contain ingredients that can stain your teeth.
- Berries – Blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, cherries, grapes, pomegranates, and other intensely colored fruits can cause stains.
We also offer cosmetic teeth whitening to any patients that want to remove tooth stains and brighten the appearance of their smiles. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule an appointment at Perfect Smile Maker.