Want to keep your teeth bright? There are certain foods and drinks you might want to avoid! In addition to maintaining great brushing and flossing habits and visiting our office for bi-annual cleanings and exams, you can keep your teeth white by avoiding these tooth staining foods and beverages.
Tooth Staining Foods and Drinks:
- Wine – Red and white wine are both very acidic beverages. They are notorious for staining teeth.
- Tea – Black tea is high in tannins that stain teeth. Tea can even be worse at staining teeth than coffee, which is chromogen-rich, but low in tannins. Herbal, green, and white teas are a better choice when looking to avoid tooth stains.
- Soda – Acidic and chromogen-rich, cola can cause significant staining. Even light-colored soft drinks are acidic enough to promote tooth staining.
- Sweets – Hard candies, chewing gum, and other sweets often contain ingredients that can stain your teeth.
- Berries – Blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, cherries, grapes, pomegranates, and other intensely colored fruits can cause stains.
We also offer cosmetic teeth whitening to any patients that want to remove tooth stains and brighten the appearance of their smiles. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule an appointment at Perfect Smile Maker.
Advantages of Professional Teeth Whitening; First, if you want a quicker, more convenient result from your teeth whitening solution, heading to a dentistry to get a whitening treatment is the way to go. Your teeth will be whiter immediately after a treatment. These in-office types of treatments are a good choice to save time for busy people.
A person’s whitening therapy is usually completed in just a few appointments, possibly even just one. Another advantage of conducting dentist whitening is that the dentist can offer professional advice about the proper use of whitening gels. The concentration of peroxide you will find in any whitening product you may find is quite strong in both the in-store home whitening kits and the whitening treatments done in the dental office, so the procedure is better to be supervised by a professional than to be performed alone at home.
The professional teeth whitening process begins with a minor step of cleaning and removal of any plaque along the gum line. Once this has been done, a peroxide based gel will be used on the teeth. This gel has a professional strength formula that guarantees that the laser will achieve the maximum possible amount of teeth whitening – more than what can be achieved by whitening the teeth at home. Additionally if you have sensitive teeth, laser whitening can be a better option.
This specialized type of treatment is usually finished in a single appointment, reducing the number of times a bleaching gel would have to be used. This makes it an excellent option for people with sensitive teeth, but who also wish for more quicker results. Want to know about teeth whitening
Dental Whitening Costs; As with any kind of new technology, professional teeth whitening gradually become more affordable every day. A large number of dentists even provide reduced prices for tooth whitening services as a method of drawing more new patients to their practice.
Generally speaking, if your budget can afford a professional solution and you really want an outstanding result, then it is highly recommended to use a professional tooth whitening method with a qualified professional. In-office treatments have been proven to be the safest and the most effective way to ensure you get your smile exactly the way you want, with results that will last.
- Confidence – When people are happy with the appearance of their smile, they are more likely to feel confident when smiling and talking to others.
- Long Lasting – Custom teeth whitening trays are designed for your unique smile. They are reusable and can keep your smile bright for a long time to come.
- Oral Health – When people are happier with the appearance of their smile they are more likely to keep it that way with regular brushing and flossing. Even though teeth whitening is a cosmetic service, it can have health benefits too so make sure to contact your dentist today!
- Anti-Aging – Teeth whitening is a great way to create a more youthful appearance.
- Restorations – Are you looking to restore the appearance of your smile with a crown or veneers? Many patients opt for teeth whitening procedures prior to their restoration. The restorations are then customized to match your bright new smile.