Common Causes of Discoloration:
- Consuming Beverages – Certain drinks like coffee, tea, soda, and wine can stain your teeth.
- Smoking – Smoking and chewing tobacco are both common tooth-staining culprits.
- Forgetting To Brush – Keeping up with regular brushing and flossing habits is the most important way to keep your teeth bright and healthy. Inadequate oral health care can leave stain-producing substances like coffee on your teeth.
- Age – As we age, the outer layer of tooth enamel gets worn away. This can make your teeth more prone to staining.
- Genetics – Some people have naturally brighter or thicker enamel. This plays a big role in how much staining affects your smile.
Don’t forget to add us on social media for more dental tips and
Facebook – Twitter – Google+
.</li><li><em><strong>Bridges -</strong> </em>This restorative completely replaces a lost tooth. Bridges rest on top of your gum and use the surrounding teeth for support. They are a great choice for lost molars that sit in the back of your smile. </li><li><em><strong>Partial Dentures -</strong></em><strong> </strong>This option is great for patients who have lost one or several teeth. The partial dentures also sit on top of your gums, but unlike bridges, they can be removed.</li><li><em><strong>Dental Implants -</strong></em><strong> </strong> Since dental implants are attached to your jaw bone, they provide the most natural look and feel of all the restorative options. There is no need to alter your eating, drinking, or oral hygiene habits to manage your new implant. However, not everyone is a candidate for dental implants and some healing time is required.</li></ul><span>Visit our <a href=”perfectsmilemaker.com”>website </a>to learn more about our restorative dental services or call 516-482-2215 to schedule a consultation. At our office, <a href=”https://www.westenddental.com/”>Chicago dentist</a> Dr. Stewart Brody can help you determine the best restorative solution for your smile.<br /><br />Don’t forget to add us on social media for more dental tips!<!–mep-nl–><!–mep-nl–>If you have more questions, please <a href=”https://parkdalefamilydental.com.au/”>go to Parkdale Family Dental</a>.
Want to keep your teeth bright? There are certain foods and drinks you might want to avoid! In addition to maintaining great brushing and flossing habits and visiting our office for bi-annual cleanings and exams, you can keep your teeth white by avoiding these tooth staining foods and beverages.
Tooth Staining Foods and Drinks:
- Wine – Red and white wine are both very acidic beverages. They are notorious for staining teeth.
- Tea – Black tea is high in tannins that stain teeth. Tea can even be worse at staining teeth than coffee, which is chromogen-rich, but low in tannins. Herbal, green, and white teas are a better choice when looking to avoid tooth stains.
- Soda – Acidic and chromogen-rich, cola can cause significant staining. Even light-colored soft drinks are acidic enough to promote tooth staining.
- Sweets – Hard candies, chewing gum, and other sweets often contain ingredients that can stain your teeth.
- Berries – Blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, cherries, grapes, pomegranates, and other intensely colored fruits can cause stains.
We also offer cosmetic teeth whitening to any patients that want to remove tooth stains and brighten the appearance of their smiles. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule an appointment at Perfect Smile Maker.
Patents notoriously dread visiting the dentist for a root canal. However, new advancements in dental technologies and procedures have made Root Canal Therapy a simple and painless process! Since we want patients to feel comfortable and confident during their visit, we encourage you to learn more about what Root Canal Therapy entails.
Understanding the Process:
- Local Anesthetic is Applied– Local anesthetic is applied to the tooth so that patients are comfortable during the procedure.
- Infected Nerves are Removed – A small access opening is created at the top of the tooth so that the infected pulp can be removed.
- Canal is Reshaped – During the same visit, the canal where the nerve is located will be reshaped and prepared to accept a special root canal filling material.
- Filling the Tooth – During your next visit, the tooth is sealed with a sterile, plastic material called gutta percha. This prevents any future infections!
Extraction is only a last resort! Root Canal Therapy helps restore your natural tooth and your smile health. Visit our website to learn more about Root Canal Therapy or call 516-482-2215 to contact Perfect Smile Maker to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Dental implants are one of the best ways to replace missing or damaged teeth. With good care, your new dental implant is designed to last a lifetime. Here are a few tips to help keep your dental implant healthy following your procedure.
Implant Care Tips:
- Mouthwash – Immediately following your implant procedure, we recommend that you use Chlorhexidine Gluconate Mouthwash to reduce the amount of bacteria in your mouth. This helps reduce the risk of post-operative infection.
- Diet – After your procedure, you want to be careful with your implant. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends a diet of soft foods, cold foods, and warm soup.
- Brushing – Until your permanent crown is implanted, you will need to care for your abutment with a small toothbrush.
- Bi-Annual Visits – You should always schedule dental checkups twice a year to make sure that your smile is healthy.
After your dental implant has fully healed, you will be able to treat it just like any of your other natural teeth. With regular brushing, flossing, and biannual dental exams and cleanings, your smile will be healthy and your dental implant will be long-lasting.
Visit our website to learn more about the benefits of dental implants by Dr. Sakunthala Boppana. You can also call 516-482-2215 and schedule an appointment to visit Stewart Brody, DDS to determine if dental implants are the right option for you.
Add us on Social Media:
Want to improve the appearance of your smile? Advancements in cosmetic dentistry have made correcting chips, gaps, and discoloration simple! Snap-On Smile provides patients with an affordable smile makeover option.
Snap-On Smile is a thin dental product that is custom designed to fit directly over your natural teeth. There is no need for messy adhesives. Instead, Snap-On Smile simply “snaps” onto the teeth. Patients can work with their dentist to choose their new smile’s shape and shade.
Benefits of choosing Snap-On Smile:
Unlike other more invasive cosmetic dental services, Snap-On Smile doesn’t alter your natural tooth structure. This makes it a more affordable smile makeover option and an excellent choice for patients who are nervous about more invasive services.
Snap-On Smile is one of the many cosmetic dental services we offer at Perfect Smile Maker. To determine if you are a good candidate for Snap-On Smile, schedule a visit to our office! Stewart Brody, DDS can help you find the best cosmetic solution for your dental needs. Visit our website to learn more or give us a call at 516-482-2215.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media!
Outdoor summer activities are fun, but they can also leave you prone to injury. Knowing how to prevent and manage a dental emergency can help save an injured or damaged tooth. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when spending time outdoors on summer vacation.
Tooth Emergency Tips:
- Lost Tooth – If you have lost a tooth, place it in a glass of milk. Take the tooth with you to the emergency room and apply an ice pack to minimize any swelling. The sooner the tooth is re-inserted, the better the chance the tooth will survive.
- Fractured Tooth – Rinse your mouth with warm water after breaking a tooth. Apply a cold compress to reduce any swelling.
- Wedged Object – Have something stuck in between your teeth? Try to remove it with floss. If this doesn’t work, visit our office.
- Loose Tooth – A loose tooth may reattach on its own, but you should always visit the dentist for a consultation. We can make sure that the root of the tooth is not dying and reattaches properly.
- Toothache – Try brushing and flossing to ease the pain. If it still hurts, stick to soft foods or try an over-the-counter pain killer.
If you experience any dental emergencies this summer, visit our office! At Perfect Smile Maker, we can help you with all of your dental needs. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule your consultation.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media:
Improving your tooth alignment can have a positive effect on your confidence and oral health, but many adults and teens feel uncomfortable committing to traditional orthodontic braces. Fortunately, Invisalign is a convenient cosmetic alternative. These clear aligners provide patients with a comfortable way to realign teeth and improve mild to moderate alignment problems.
Benefits of Choosing Invisalign:
- The clear plastic aligners are comfortable during your treatment.
- They do not stain or damage the enamel.
- They are virtually invisible in photographs and in person.
- The aligners can be removed during meals and while brushing or flossing.
- They are just as effective as traditional braces.
Invisalign aligners are custom made to move your teeth into the correct position. They are clear, discreet, and comfortable. Each aligner is created to gradually adjust your teeth into a more aligned position. During treatment, patients can easily remove their aligners for meals and oral care.
Although not every problem can be treated with Invisalign, it is an ideal orthodontic solution for patients with mild or moderate spacing, alignment and bite problems. We encourage you to contact Perfect Smile Maker to determine if Invisalign is the right orthodontic solution for your tooth alignment needs. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule your consultation.
Did you know that cosmetic dentistry can offer benefits beyond aesthetics? Taking the time to correct cracked, chipped, and misaligned teeth can improve your overall health too! Here are a few of the health benefits that cosmetic dental services from https://www.dentistsperth.net.au/ has to offer.
Reduce Your Risk Of:
- Periodontal Disease – By addressing structural issues and overcrowding, it is easier to keep your smile free of plaque-inducing bacteria.
- Tooth Decay – Crowns and bonding protect chipped or damaged teeth. This can help keep bacteria out of hard to clean crevices.
- Heart Disease – There are several studies showing a link between periodontal disease and heart disease. Scientists believe that the same bacteria that cause plaque to develop on your teeth can cause plaque to build in your arteries.
- Stroke – There are also several studies that show that oral infection can be a risk factor for stroke.
Those that take the time to improve the appearance of their smile are more likely to maintain good oral health habits to keep their smile beautiful, also to keep looking great remember to protect your skin with the best vitamin c serum for face. Contact Perfect Smile Maker to determine if a cosmetic dental service is the right choice for your smile. Our dental practitioners, will assist you with all of your dental problems no matter how minor or negligible they may be. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule a consultation at our Great Neck office.