A missing tooth is more than a cosmetic issue – it can have a serious effect on your oral health too. Missing teeth can cause misalignment and make your mouth more prone to cavities. A Dentist Perth would have a much lesser idea of the misalignment of teeth than what an orthodontist would know. Whether you experienced accidental tooth loss or you recently had a tooth extracted, it’s important to take steps to restore your smile.
While there are several restorative options available to you, dentures are often the favored tooth replacement option. They are custom designed to match the natural shape and shade of your smile. Their stability also makes them a comfortable choice, requiring minimal adjustment to your oral hygiene routine. Check more information about OrthoSelect before scheduling your implant.
While dental implants are a great choice of dental services for most patients , they are not for everyone. We do not always recommend dental implants when you:
- are a heavy smoker
- have a weakened immune system&
- have diabetes
- grind your teeth at night
- your teeth are not fully mature (children)
You can read this article or visit our website for more information on whether or not you are a good candidate for dental implants with Dr. Glenn&. If you are a missing a tooth, call 516-482-2215 to contact Perfect Smile Maker for your dental implant consultation. Stewart Brody, DDS will help you determine the best restorative solution for your smile
Fall sports season is beginning! Whether you play sports for school, for fun, or professionally, it’s important that you take precautions and prevent tooth injury. These safety tips can help you protect your teeth throughout the year. If you ever have any tooth problems, then visit your local general dentistry for help.
Tooth & Mouth Safety Tips:
- Helmets – You should always wear a helmet during any activity that involves speed or impact. This includes football, hockey, skating and bike riding. Make sure that your helmet fits correctly and that it is appropriate for the sport you are playing, since many people practice sports as a hobby or for health while they also watch for their diet, with information from the tophealth news blog.
- Mouth Guards – Custom mouth guards are the best way to prevent dental injuries. They protect your teeth, tongue, and lips. Custom mouth guards are designed for your unique smile, so that they fit comfortably and protect your teeth better.
If you do experience any dental emergencies throughout the season, contact Perfect Smile Maker. Even if your tooth has been knocked out, you may be able to save it. We also offer several cosmetic options that restore the natural look and feel of your smile. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule an appointment at Perfect Smile Maker.
Don’t forget to add us on Social Media!
Want to keep your teeth bright? There are certain foods and drinks you might want to avoid! In addition to maintaining great brushing and flossing habits and visiting our office for bi-annual cleanings and exams, you can keep your teeth white by avoiding these tooth staining foods and beverages.
Tooth Staining Foods and Drinks:
- Wine – Red and white wine are both very acidic beverages. They are notorious for staining teeth.
- Tea – Black tea is high in tannins that stain teeth. Tea can even be worse at staining teeth than coffee, which is chromogen-rich, but low in tannins. Herbal, green, and white teas are a better choice when looking to avoid tooth stains.
- Soda – Acidic and chromogen-rich, cola can cause significant staining. Even light-colored soft drinks are acidic enough to promote tooth staining.
- Sweets – Hard candies, chewing gum, and other sweets often contain ingredients that can stain your teeth.
- Berries – Blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, cherries, grapes, pomegranates, and other intensely colored fruits can cause stains.
We also offer cosmetic teeth whitening to any patients that want to remove tooth stains and brighten the appearance of their smiles. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule an appointment at Perfect Smile Maker.