.</li><li><em><strong>Bridges -</strong> </em>This restorative completely replaces a lost tooth. Bridges rest on top of your gum and use the surrounding teeth for support. They are a great choice for lost molars that sit in the back of your smile. </li><li><em><strong>Partial Dentures -</strong></em><strong> </strong>This option is great for patients who have lost one or several teeth. The partial dentures also sit on top of your gums, but unlike bridges, they can be removed.</li><li><em><strong>Dental Implants -</strong></em><strong> </strong> Since dental implants are attached to your jaw bone, they provide the most natural look and feel of all the restorative options. There is no need to alter your eating, drinking, or oral hygiene habits to manage your new implant. However, not everyone is a candidate for dental implants and some healing time is required.</li></ul><span>Visit our <a href=”perfectsmilemaker.com”>website </a>to learn more about our restorative dental services or call 516-482-2215 to schedule a consultation. At our office, <a href=”https://www.westenddental.com/”>Chicago dentist</a> Dr. Stewart Brody can help you determine the best restorative solution for your smile.<br /><br />Don’t forget to add us on social media for more dental tips!<!–mep-nl–><!–mep-nl–>If you have more questions, please <a href=”https://parkdalefamilydental.com.au/”>go to Parkdale Family Dental</a>.
Patents notoriously dread visiting the dentist for a root canal. However, new advancements in dental technologies and procedures have made Root Canal Therapy a simple and painless process! Since we want patients to feel comfortable and confident during their visit, we encourage you to learn more about what Root Canal Therapy entails. Highland Woods Dental has made it more comfortable for patients to be in there office.
Understanding the Process:
- Local Anesthetic is Applied– Local anesthetic is applied to the tooth so that patients are comfortable during the procedure.
- Infected Nerves are Removed – A small access opening is created at the top of the tooth so that the infected pulp can be removed.
- Canal is Reshaped – During the same visit, the canal where the nerve is located will be reshaped and prepared to accept a special root canal filling material.
- Filling the Tooth – During your next visit, the tooth is sealed with a sterile, plastic material called gutta percha. This prevents any future infections!
Extraction is only a last resort! Root Canal Therapy helps restore your natural tooth and your smile health. Visit our website to learn more about Root Canal Therapy or call 516-482-2215 to contact Perfect Smile Maker to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Outdoor summer activities are fun, but they can also leave you prone to injury. Knowing how to prevent and manage a dental emergency can help save an injured or damaged tooth. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when spending time outdoors on summer vacation.
Tooth Emergency Tips:
- Lost Tooth – If you have lost a tooth, place it in a glass of milk. Take the tooth with you to the emergency room and apply an ice pack to minimize any swelling. The sooner the tooth is re-inserted, the better the chance the tooth will survive.
- Fractured Tooth – Rinse your mouth with warm water after breaking a tooth. Apply a cold compress to reduce any swelling.
- Wedged Object – Have something stuck in between your teeth? Try to remove it with floss. If this doesn’t work, visit our office.
- Loose Tooth – A loose tooth may reattach on its own, but you should always visit the dentist for a consultation. We can make sure that the root of the tooth is not dying and reattaches properly.
- Toothache – Try brushing and flossing to ease the pain. If it still hurts, stick to soft foods or try an over-the-counter pain killer.
If you experience any dental emergencies this summer, visit our office! At Perfect Smile Maker, we can help you with all of your dental needs. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule your consultation.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media:
Dr. Stewart Brody, a graduate of the New York University College of Dentistry, runs a family-oriented practice in Great Neck, New York, where he is highly regarded one of the best dentists in the area. Serving the dental needs of residents in Nassau County and Suffolk County, Long Island, Queens, and New York, Stewart Brody, DDS emphasizes in cosmetic dentistry, invisalign braces, tooth whitening, dental implants, Emergency Dentistry and other cosmetic dentistry procedures. Stewart Brody, DDS is prepared to treat dental emergencies promptly, plus we’re available for Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontal Therapy, Dentures, Fillings, and much more. For more information, please call us at (516) 482-2215 or visit us on the web at – www.perfectsmilemaker.com Add us on Social Media – Facebook Twitter Google+
- Permanent – Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime. Since they are attached directly to your jawbone, they act as a long lasting tooth replacement option.
- Aesthetics – Each implant is custom designed to match the color, shape, and texture of your natural teeth.
- Simple Care – Dental implants do not require any special maintenance. Regular brushing, flossing, and dental cleanings is all that is needed to keep your smile healthy.
- Natural – Unlike bridges, dental implants are a standalone restoration. There is no need to alter any of the surrounding teeth.
- Easy to Wear
- Custom Design
- High Compliance Rate
- Improved Sleeping Habits
- Reduced Risk of Heart Attack and Stroke
- Appearance – The aligners appear virtually invisible when placed over your smile. Unlike metallic braces, Invisalign is made from a clear plastic that doesn’t show up in photographs and is not noticeable in conversation.
- Comfort – There are no brackets or wires. The plastic aligners are smooth and fit comfortably over your smile.
- Diet – Unlike with traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are removed during meals. This means that you don’t have dietary restrictions while you straighten your teeth. Just don’t forget to brush and floss after!
- Health – Smile alignment also improves your overall oral health. People who are happier with the appearance of their smile are more likely to continue to care for it after their treatment!
- Confidence – When people are happy with the appearance of their smile, they are more likely to feel confident when smiling and talking to others.
- Long Lasting – Custom teeth whitening trays are designed for your unique smile. They are reusable and can keep your smile bright for a long time to come.
- Oral Health – When people are happier with the appearance of their smile they are more likely to keep it that way with regular brushing and flossing. Even though teeth whitening is a cosmetic service, it can have health benefits too!
- Anti-Aging – Teeth whitening is a great way to create a more youthful appearance.
- Restorations – Are you looking to restore the appearance of your smile with a crown or veneers? Many patients opt for teeth whitening procedures prior to their restoration. The restorations are then customized to match your bright new smile.