Common Causes of Discoloration:
- Consuming Beverages – Certain drinks like coffee, tea, soda, and wine can stain your teeth.
- Smoking – Smoking and chewing tobacco are both common tooth-staining culprits.
- Forgetting To Brush – Keeping up with regular brushing and flossing habits is the most important way to keep your teeth bright and healthy. Inadequate oral health care can leave stain-producing substances like coffee on your teeth.
- Age – As we age, the outer layer of tooth enamel gets worn away. This can make your teeth more prone to staining.
- Genetics – Some people have naturally brighter or thicker enamel. This plays a big role in how much staining affects your smile.
Don’t forget to add us on social media for more dental tips and
Facebook – Twitter – Google+
Here are a few of the benefits Invisalign offers teens:
- Enjoy the Same Activities – Whether you play sports or a musical instrument, Invisalign allows you to continue doing the activities you love both inside and outside of school.
- Avoid Eating Restrictions – With Invisalign, you don’t have to worry about avoiding certain foods. There are no dietary restrictions.
- Maintain Oral Hygiene Routines – Since the aligners are removable, it is easy to brush and floss normally.
- Wear Comfortable Aligners – Straighten your teeth comfortably, without metal wire and brackets.
- Take Photos – Invisalign blends with with the natural appearance of your teeth so that it isn’t noticeable in photographs. You can also remove the aligners for important yearbook and prom photos!
Don’t forget to add us on social media for more dental tips!
Facebook – Twitter – Google+
Periodontal disease, commonly known as gum disease, ranges from simple inflammation to a serious disease that damages the soft tissue and bone. While it is common in adults, there are certain factors that increase the likelihood of gum disease affecting your smile.
- Smoking – This is one of the most significant risk factors associated with the development of gum disease.
- Hormones – Hormonal changes in girls and women can make gums more sensitive and make it easier for gingivitis to develop.
- Diabetes – People with diabetes are at a greater risk of developing infections, including gum disease. This is a condition where the body fails to utilize the ingested glucose properly, we recommend having an anti-diabetic supplement to prevent infections.
- Medication Use – Prescription and over-the-counter medications can reduce the flow of saliva. Without enough saliva, the mouth is susceptible to gum disease and infection.
- Genetics – Some people have a genetic disposition to developing severe gum disease.
To learn more about gum disease causes, prevention, and associated risk factors, read this article or contact our office. Visit Perfect Smile Maker for bi-annual exams can help keep your teeth healthy and clean, as well as help to identify any signs of gum disease early on. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule an appointment.
A smile is often the first thing you notice when you meet someone new. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic service among adults! There are several different types of teeth whitening products to choose from. Here are a few of the main differences between over-the-counter whitening products and professional teeth whitening.
Advantages of Professional Whitening:
- Design – Professional teeth whitening trays are custom created for your unique smile. Since the trays cover more surface area, your teeth get brighter faster and more efficiently.
- Safe – Under Stewart Brody, DDS’s professional supervision, teeth whitening is completed safely.
- Results – Custom teeth whitening trays provide more dramatic results.
- Efficiency – Whitening is achieved in less time than with over-the-counter products.
Learn more about the teeth whitening services we offer at Perfect Smile Maker by visiting our website. Stewart Brody, DDS can help you determine in bleaching will be the quickest, most comfortable, and most affordable way to improve your smile. You can even present a copy of the coupon on our website for $100 off your teeth whitening system! Call 516-482-2215 for more information.
Did you know that more than 80 million people snore while sleeping? This can be frustrating for the person snoring, as well as spouses and children. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent snoring! The Silent Nite dental appliance is a great way to prevent annoying and unhealthful snoring.
Benefits of Silent Nite:
Silent Nite is the first course of treatment for simple snoring. During your visit at Perfect Smile Maker, we provide you with a questionnaire to uncover a snoring pattern and the best design for your health needs. Stewart Brody, DDS will take an impression of the upper and lower arch to make a custom Silent Nite dental appliance for you. With a customized dental appliance you can sleep well and improve your health.
Visit our website to learn more about the Silent Nite dental appliance and the treatments available for sleep apnea. You can also call 516-482-2215 and schedule an appointment to visit Stewart Brody, DDS to determine if dental implants are the right option for you.
Add us on Social Media:
Dental implants are one of the best ways to replace missing or damaged teeth. With good care, your new dental implant is designed to last a lifetime. Here are a few tips to help keep your dental implant healthy following your procedure.
Implant Care Tips:
- Mouthwash – Immediately following your implant procedure, we recommend that you use Chlorhexidine Gluconate Mouthwash to reduce the amount of bacteria in your mouth. This helps reduce the risk of post-operative infection.
- Diet – After your procedure, you want to be careful with your implant. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends a diet of soft foods, cold foods, and warm soup.
- Brushing – Until your permanent crown is implanted, you will need to care for your abutment with a small toothbrush.
- Bi-Annual Visits – You should always schedule dental checkups twice a year to make sure that your smile is healthy.
After your dental implant has fully healed, you will be able to treat it just like any of your other natural teeth. With regular brushing, flossing, and biannual dental exams and cleanings, your smile will be healthy and your dental implant will be long-lasting.
Visit our website to learn more about the benefits of dental implants by Dr. Sakunthala Boppana. You can also call 516-482-2215 and schedule an appointment to visit Stewart Brody, DDS to determine if dental implants are the right option for you.
Add us on Social Media:
Outdoor summer activities are fun, but they can also leave you prone to injury. Knowing how to prevent and manage a dental emergency can help save an injured or damaged tooth. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when spending time outdoors on summer vacation.
Tooth Emergency Tips:
- Lost Tooth – If you have lost a tooth, place it in a glass of milk. Take the tooth with you to the emergency room and apply an ice pack to minimize any swelling. The sooner the tooth is re-inserted, the better the chance the tooth will survive.
- Fractured Tooth – Rinse your mouth with warm water after breaking a tooth. Apply a cold compress to reduce any swelling.
- Wedged Object – Have something stuck in between your teeth? Try to remove it with floss. If this doesn’t work, visit our office.
- Loose Tooth – A loose tooth may reattach on its own, but you should always visit the dentist for a consultation. We can make sure that the root of the tooth is not dying and reattaches properly.
- Toothache – Try brushing and flossing to ease the pain. If it still hurts, stick to soft foods or try an over-the-counter pain killer.
If you experience any dental emergencies this summer, visit our office! At Perfect Smile Maker, we can help you with all of your dental needs. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule your consultation.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media:
Dr. Stewart Brody, a graduate of the New York University College of Dentistry, runs a family-oriented practice in Great Neck, New York, where he is highly regarded one of the best dentists in the area. Serving the dental needs of residents in Nassau County and Suffolk County, Long Island, Queens, and New York, Stewart Brody, DDS emphasizes in cosmetic dentistry, invisalign braces, tooth whitening, dental implants, Emergency Dentistry and other cosmetic dentistry procedures. Stewart Brody, DDS is prepared to treat dental emergencies promptly, plus we’re available for Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontal Therapy, Dentures, Fillings, and much more. For more information, please call us at (516) 482-2215 or visit us on the web at – www.perfectsmilemaker.com Add us on Social Media – Facebook Twitter Google+
- Permanent – Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime. Since they are attached directly to your jawbone, they act as a long lasting tooth replacement option.
- Aesthetics – Each implant is custom designed to match the color, shape, and texture of your natural teeth.
- Simple Care – Dental implants do not require any special maintenance. Regular brushing, flossing, and dental cleanings is all that is needed to keep your smile healthy.
- Natural – Unlike bridges, dental implants are a standalone restoration. There is no need to alter any of the surrounding teeth.