How to treat stained teeth for a brighter smile?
A bright smile is a reflection of confidence and attitude. It helps you carry yourself in front of others, just the way you are. But the secret to a beautiful and bright smile is a good set of teeth. From dental hygiene habits to genetics, everything needs to favor you to flaunt a gorgeous smile. And problems such as tooth discoloration could bring down your morale to smile wide and bright.
Tooth discoloration and staining
Tooth discoloration is a common problem across the world. Our everyday habits, including consuming too much soda, sugar, caffeine, smoking, and various other products lead to thinning of the enamel or staining of the teeth. In some cases the stains deposit over time, thus becoming permanent. Having yellow and dull teeth reflects poorly on our dental hygiene. Also, many of these substances do not necessarily react to common dental supplies such as toothpaste, or mouthwash. Hence getting rid of tooth stains becomes difficult over time. Problems such as enamel thinning also have huge effects on the tooth color. It exposes the dentin layer, which is slightly yellow and causes tooth sensitivity. Age and dental diseases also cause the teeth to lose color over time. With so many problems wound around tooth discoloration, it is important to know about various methods that can help restore a beautiful white smile.
The many ways to treat stained teeth
Advanced dental treatment methods, such as dental sedation have enabled easier solutions for severe dental problems. Such advanced treatment and techniques are also available for teeth whitening. There are simple treatment methods available which you can try at a dentist’s office or take back home. There are even a few home remedies that can help you gain the beautiful sparkle for your teeth.
Whitening treatments at your dentist’s office
- In-office tooth whitening: This is a simple procedure performed at the dentist’s office. The procedures take about 60 to 90 minutes and involve a few steps. Your doctor might use a combination of pumice, hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide and laser along with a fluoride product to whiten your teeth. Multiple visits are scheduled to ensure that you go through the whitening is small steps without damaging your gum line or tooth enamel.
- Bondings: Dental bonding means placing a tooth-colored resin material on top of your teeth to cover the discoloration. The resin applied and hardened using light to bond with the teeth. In general, bondings are a much-preferred choice for adding strength and structure to your teeth, such as in the case of decay, chipping, the spacing between teeth. But it can help improve the color and aesthetics of your teeth in a few cases.
- Veneers: Dental Veneers are thin wafer-like shells made to cover the front of the teeth. The color and shape are similar to our natural teeth, and this helps restore natural bright white teeth easily.
Whitening methods at home
- Whitening kits: There are various choices of over the counter tooth whitening kits that can be useful to achieve white teeth at home. These kits consist of hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide that help remove superficial stains and discolorations on the surface of the teeth. There are choices between gels that you can apply on your teeth, or a solution you need to brush. These whitening kits need to be kept anywhere between 45 minutes to 60 minutes and require repeated use once every few days to eliminate stains and discoloration.
- Whitening strips: Teeth whitening strips are of polyethylene that contains about 5% hydrogen peroxide. Apply the strip on the surface of the tooth for a few days, and the chemical will slowly start to bleach away the stains on the surface.
- Whitening toothpaste: Whitening toothpaste may not be a solution to eliminate existing stains, but can help maintain your teeth in the long run. They help remove small stains from foods and do not bleach your teeth, unlike the previous methods. Hence it can be useful in combination with some of the existing treatments.
DIY Teeth Whitening
Home remedies are also competent solutions for treating tooth staining and discoloration. Simple ingredients from your kitchen and bathroom can be useful to create your solution to achieve shiny, white teeth.
- Oil Pulling: Oil pulling is an ancient Indian remedy used for improving toxins from the body and improving oral hygiene. Swishing the oil helps eliminate bacteria and particles around the mouth, and helps remove the cause for tooth stains and discoloration. Oils such as coconut, sesame are the choices for this practice. Studies suggest coconut oil can help with problems such as gingivitis and plaque, and thus ensures better dental hygiene. Take a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth. Swish the oil around through your teeth and repeat the same until the oil feels thin. Spit the oil and wash with lukewarm water. You will see visible results after a few sessions of oil pulling.
- Using apple cider vinegar: Similar to oil pulling, using apple cider vinegar helps eliminate the bacteria, and other harmful substances build up in the mouth. Its antibacterial properties clean the mouth, and the mild acidity bleaches the teeth says a study. A spoon of apple cider vinegar and dilute it in a glass of water. Swish the solution in your mouth for about 10 minutes and wash with plain water afterward. Do not use apple cider vinegar directly as this may corrode your teeth with repeated use.
- Eating right: Eating the right foods can be a natural way of restoring a beautiful smile. Crunchy, raw vegetables and fruits tend to improve the aesthetics as well as the strength of your teeth. Fruits such as strawberries and pineapple are said to improve the color of your teeth. A mixture of strawberry and baking soda can help as a natural remedy to improve teeth color. The malic acid from strawberries helps whiten your teeth, whereas the baking soda helps remove the stains. Pineapple contains bromelain which helps eliminate stains from the teeth, just like in standard toothpaste states a study.
- Activated Charcoal: Charcoal is an ancient dental hygiene product used by people regularly to maintain good oral health. The charcoal pulls the toxins away from the surface of your teeth and removes stains over time. Activated charcoal powders are available in the market. You can brush your teeth using these powders to see visible results over time.
Apart from these, avoiding habits that stain your teeth, such as excessive sugar, soda consumption, smoking, drinking too much wine, or colored drinks can help maintain beautiful teeth. These remedies both at home and at your doctor’s office, are effective to help restore a beautiful white smile in no time.
They specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, placement of dental implants,Manchester veneers specialized, and in the treatment of oral inflammation. You may want to learn more about what the implant placement process entails. Here’s what you can expect from your dental implant procedure at Perfect Smile Maker. Schedule Your Consultation, The first step in your dental implant process is scheduling a consultation at our office.
During your initial visit, Stewart Brody, DDS, who works as one of the Damon Orthodontics, will evaluate, assess and discuss what will be involved in your treatment.Dental Implant Placement Your second visit involves placing the base of the implant. While using local anesthesia, the implant is attached to your jaw bone through a surgical procedure. This ensures the stability and longevity of your new tooth. Healing Period It can take three to six months for the implant to fully heal. During this time, the jaw bone heals around the implant, securing it in place.Placing Your Custom Cap -After the implant is fully integrated, the implant is uncovered.
A custom crown is attached to your implant and it blends in naturally with the rest of your smile, ut you need a Professional Dentist to value your case and start fixing your teeth.Dental Implants are a great tooth replacement choice for one or several missing or damaged teeth. To learn more about the benefits of dental implants and what the procedure entails, for Advanced Dentistry visit our website or contact our office by calling 516-782-2215. At Perfect Smile Maker, we can help you determine if dental implants are the right solution for your smile. Don’t forget to add us on social media for more dental tips and check out Ashfield Family Dental and
There are several dental restoration processes, but the tooth implant procedure is the modern restoration process that looks more natural, is long lasting, is permanent and has a high success rate according to the experts from Skygate Dental in Brisbane, Australia..
The dental implant is the best substitute for missing or damaged teeth or for supporting dental bridge and dentures, we recommend to look at this to get to know more about the prices. To mimic the natural tooth, the dental implant fuses directly to your jawbone to become a unit with your jawbone structure. More so, dental implant helps to prevent your jawbone from disintegrating, which would otherwise happen once your tooth is removed.
Common Causes of Discoloration:
- Consuming Beverages – Certain drinks like coffee, tea, soda, and wine can stain your teeth.
- Smoking – Smoking and chewing tobacco are both common tooth-staining culprits.
- Forgetting To Brush – Keeping up with regular brushing and flossing habits is the most important way to keep your teeth bright and healthy. Inadequate oral health care can leave stain-producing substances like coffee on your teeth.
- Age – As we age, the outer layer of tooth enamel gets worn away. This can make your teeth more prone to staining.
- Genetics – Some people have naturally brighter or thicker enamel. This plays a big role in how much staining affects your smile.
Don’t forget to add us on social media for more dental tips and
Facebook – Twitter – Google+
.</li><li><em><strong>Bridges -</strong> </em>This restorative completely replaces a lost tooth. Bridges rest on top of your gum and use the surrounding teeth for support. They are a great choice for lost molars that sit in the back of your smile. </li><li><em><strong>Partial Dentures -</strong></em><strong> </strong>This option is great for patients who have lost one or several teeth. The partial dentures also sit on top of your gums, but unlike bridges, they can be removed.</li><li><em><strong>Dental Implants -</strong></em><strong> </strong> Since dental implants are attached to your jaw bone, they provide the most natural look and feel of all the restorative options. There is no need to alter your eating, drinking, or oral hygiene habits to manage your new implant. However, not everyone is a candidate for dental implants and some healing time is required.</li></ul><span>Visit our <a href=”perfectsmilemaker.com”>website </a>to learn more about our restorative dental services or call 516-482-2215 to schedule a consultation. At our office, <a href=”https://www.westenddental.com/”>Chicago dentist</a> Dr. Stewart Brody can help you determine the best restorative solution for your smile.<br /><br />Don’t forget to add us on social media for more dental tips!<!–mep-nl–><!–mep-nl–>If you have more questions, please <a href=”https://parkdalefamilydental.com.au/”>go to Parkdale Family Dental</a>.
Here are a few of the benefits Invisalign offers teens:
- Enjoy the Same Activities – Whether you play sports or a musical instrument, Invisalign allows you to continue doing the activities you love both inside and outside of school.
- Avoid Eating Restrictions – With Invisalign, you don’t have to worry about avoiding certain foods. There are no dietary restrictions.
- Maintain Oral Hygiene Routines – Since the aligners are removable, it is easy to brush and floss normally.
- Wear Comfortable Aligners – Straighten your teeth comfortably, without metal wire and brackets.
- Take Photos – Invisalign blends with with the natural appearance of your teeth so that it isn’t noticeable in photographs. You can also remove the aligners for important yearbook and prom photos!
Don’t forget to add us on social media for more dental tips!
Facebook – Twitter – Google+
A missing tooth is more than a cosmetic issue – it can have a serious effect on your oral health too. Missing teeth can cause misalignment and make your mouth more prone to cavities. A Dentist Perth would have a much lesser idea of the misalignment of teeth than what an orthodontist would know. Whether you experienced accidental tooth loss or you recently had a tooth extracted, it’s important to take steps to restore your smile.
While there are several restorative options available to you, dental implants are often the favored tooth replacement option. They are custom designed to match the natural shape and shade of your smile. Their stability also makes them a comfortable choice, requiring minimal adjustment to your oral hygiene routine. Check more information about OrthoSelect before scheduling your implant.
While dental implants are a great choice for most patients, they are not for everyone. We do not always recommend dental implants when you:
- are a heavy smoker
- have a weakened immune system&
- have diabetes
- grind your teeth at night
- your teeth are not fully mature (children)
You can read this article or visit our website for more information on whether or not you are a good candidate for dental implants with Dr. Glenn&. If you are a missing a tooth, call 516-482-2215 to contact Perfect Smile Maker for your dental implant consultation. Stewart Brody, DDS will help you determine the best restorative solution for your smile.
Fall sports season is beginning! Whether you play sports for school, for fun, or professionally, it’s important that you take precautions and prevent tooth injury. These safety tips can help you protect your teeth throughout the year.
Tooth & Mouth Safety Tips:
- Helmets – You should always wear a helmet during any activity that involves speed or impact. This includes football, hockey, skating and bike riding. Make sure that your helmet fits correctly and that it is appropriate for the sport you are playing, since many people practice sports as a hobby or for health while they also watch for their diet, with information from the tophealth news blog.
- Mouth Guards – Custom mouth guards are the best way to prevent dental injuries. They protect your teeth, tongue, and lips. Custom mouth guards are designed for your unique smile, so that they fit comfortably and protect your teeth better.
If you do experience any dental emergencies throughout the season, contact Perfect Smile Maker. Even if your tooth has been knocked out, you may be able to save it. We also offer several cosmetic options that restore the natural look and feel of your smile. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule an appointment at Perfect Smile Maker.
Don’t forget to add us on Social Media!
Invisalign – Specialties
Learn about Eccella Smiles if you are keen on oral health. Here are a few more of the health benefits Invisalign can offer your smile. When teeth are properly aligned, your gums fit more securely around your teeth. This allows for the strongest and healthiest defense against potential periodontal problems.
With traditional orthodontic braces, it is difficult to keep your teeth clean. Food can easily get trapped underneath the brackets and wires and sometimes it can be really painful if they breaks with this highly rated Delray Beach Dentist Since Invisalign aligners are removable, just like the porcelain veneers that you can get at a specialized dental clinic, it’s easy to continue brushing and flossing your teeth regularly, also find the procedure in Lincoln Park Smiles dentist office as it is one of the best with the aligners and cosmetic issues.
Studies have shown a strong link between tooth decay and gum disease and a patient’s risk of developing other more serious ailments such as heart disease, stroke, pneumonia and diabetes, and that’s why we use EdrugSearch.com to get the lowest price on our synthroid.
We also offer cosmetic teeth whitening to any patients that want to remove tooth stains and brighten the appearance of their smiles. To schedule an appointment at Perfect Smile Maker Look for us and Add us on Social Media.
Want to keep your teeth bright? There are certain foods and drinks you might want to avoid! In addition to maintaining great brushing and flossing habits and visiting our office for bi-annual cleanings and exams, you can keep your teeth white by avoiding these tooth staining foods and beverages.
Tooth Staining Foods and Drinks:
- Wine – Red and white wine are both very acidic beverages. They are notorious for staining teeth.
- Tea – Black tea is high in tannins that stain teeth. Tea can even be worse at staining teeth than coffee, which is chromogen-rich, but low in tannins. Herbal, green, and white teas are a better choice when looking to avoid tooth stains.
- Soda – Acidic and chromogen-rich, cola can cause significant staining. Even light-colored soft drinks are acidic enough to promote tooth staining.
- Sweets – Hard candies, chewing gum, and other sweets often contain ingredients that can stain your teeth.
- Berries – Blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, cherries, grapes, pomegranates, and other intensely colored fruits can cause stains.
We also offer cosmetic teeth whitening to any patients that want to remove tooth stains and brighten the appearance of their smiles. Call 516-482-2215 to schedule an appointment at Perfect Smile Maker.