IPS Empress Veneers
Nassau County, Long Island, New York Dentists
The Strongest & Most Beautiful Cosmetic Veneers Your Dentist Offers
Porcelain veneers have now reached a new level of excellence. One of the most popular and accepted advanced techniques of treating misaligned teeth is with Ceramic laminate veneers. With The treatment of ceramic laminate veneers, only a little tooth preparation is needed. Veneers are thin facings that are bonded to the front of your teeth. If someone has slightly crooked teeth, they can be cosmetically straightened with the use of veneers. This can save a lot of time and the expense of orthodontics. To create a natural look of teeth that are darkly stained, many dentists whiten or bleach the teeth before starting veneer treatment. Because there is no metal in the restoration, the veneers allow the tooth structure to look natural.
- There is no need to use a local anesthetic for the preparation of Porcelain Laminate Veneers. The fabrication of veneers in the laboratory takes approximately 2 weeks.
- In the time between the visits of your preparation and insertion, you might feel slight sensitivity to cold. This is normal, and happens because a small portion of your enamel has been removed. If necessary a desensitizer can be applied in the interim. After the placement of the Porcelain Laminate Veneer, the sensitivity will disappear.
- At Your second visit, your laminates will be applied without the use of local anesthetic. The placement of the laminates is done, by using a light sensitive resin which sets with the help of a bonding light.
- After the laminates are placed, you need to avoid eating a few things that could fracture the laminate, Ice, hard pretzels; jelly apples, hard bagels and any other things that could fracture the laminate should be avoided.
- Once placed your laminates are very strong and will resist most of the forces placed upon them by a normal diet. Porcelain has great crushing strength but poor tensile strength. Therefore, you should avoid anything that will tend to twist the laminate. Opening pistachio nuts with your teeth, chewing on bones or jelly apples is probably not a good idea. As with most things, common sense should prevail.
Maintenance of Your New Porcelain Veneers:
- Please brush and floss as you normally would to prevent oral hygiene problems. Once placed, Porcelain Laminate Veneers are typically the kindest restoration to the gum tissues that we currently have in our prosthetic armamentarium. Do not be afraid that you will damage your laminates by either flossing or brushing. Any non-abrasive tooth paste is acceptable. A good home care regimen will insure the esthetic success of your laminate restorations for years to come.
- Some sensitivity to hot and cold may be experienced after the placement of your veneers. This relates to the amount of enamel left on your tooth after preparation, the proximity of the nerve as well as several other factors. Some sensitivity is absolutely normal and usually dissipates after one-two weeks. If this sensitivity remains or concern you at all, please call us.
- As mentioned before, a normal diet poses no problems to your porcelain veneers. Please avoid anything that will tend to bend or twist the laminates.
- If you are known to be a bruxer or clencher, please let your dentist know. He/she will fabricate a soft night guard for you to wear, to minimize the stresses placed upon your teeth while you sleep.
We hope that your Porcelain Laminate Veneers have fulfilled all of your esthetic goals. With proper home care and scheduled evaluation visits, they can provide you with a beautiful smile for years to come.
Call us now 516-482-2215 and allow Stewart C. Brody DDS to enhance your smile and inquire about our quick and effective ceramic laminate and porcelain veneers in Nassau County, Long Island, Great Neck, Manhasset, Roslyn, New Hyde Park, Port Washington, Mineola, Albertson, Glen Cove, Greenvale & the surrounding areas.